Nov 27, 2009
By the way, I never thought I would live in a town with such a ridiculous name. Do you know that the newspaper here is the Pflag? People have stickers on their cars that say "Pf" like that's cool.
Silly name with a silent P or not, I do really like my new little house, its wood floors, red kitchen, new furniture, big yard, garden tub with jets, matchy-matchy guest bath...
Nov 16, 2009
1. I was worried my computer had quit recognizing its own battery but thankfully I think I'm wrong. It's now showing 1% of charge. I'll take it.
2. The kitchen is red! I have 2 coats on about half the kitchen and sometime this week will be finishing it up. It looks HOT.
3. We're moving on Saturday! We have a lot of furniture being delivered and we still need to pack...basically we're avoiding it like the plague.
4. I am attending parts of this Web summit this week and am learning some cool things. My Web provider for work doesn't know it yet, but I'm about to start demanding that they step it up. I want cooler Web things and I want them bad.
5. This is one of my favorite wedding photos and I wanted to share it with you.
Nov 11, 2009
Nov 10, 2009
This weekend we're buying all our new furniture and next weekend, moving in. Pretty soon Team Black will be in its new home. Hurray!
PS Wedding photos are starting to pour in. Stay tuned to see them!
at 10:34 AM
Nov 2, 2009
It's super helpful to have an amazing photographer friend (ahem, KBR) who can shoot you an amazing photo a week before your regular photographer can get you the whole slew of them.
I know I just got married and I ought to give a good long blog about it, but folks, I'm just tired. I've been in my nightgown since 3 p.m.!
So I'll tell you this: it was perfect. We both showed up, as did the minister (thank goodness), and we both looked HOT. Our families were beaming and our friends boogied all night long. The BBQ was delish and the margaritas plentiful. The tablecloths knocked my invisible socks right off. I suggest everyone have orange pintuck tablecloths. The flowers, bouquets and centerpieces alike, were outstanding. The DJ came alive and the party was hoppin'. We hit the town after the fact and actually closed the bar down. Greeting us in our room was a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We stayed up til 4 a.m. reliving the perfectness.
Then a week in the Bahamas (photos to come, I promise) and we're back with the puppy in our apartment looking at each other saying "ya know, we're moving soon. Maybe that means we don't need to clean..."
And ya know what, I don't think we're going to clean. Mr. & Mrs. Black do not want to spoil a perfect wedding/honeymoon by cleaning, no way Jose. Just sitting back and soaking it all in.