Jun 13, 2010

Cheerios

Wednesday or Thursday Ross ran to the grocery store to pick up a couple things for dinner and as he told me when I got home, some plain Cheerios. I LOVE PLAIN CHEERIOS. They are so tasty dry as a snack. I was tickled pink over having some Cheerios in the house.

Around 9:30 that night Ross announces he needs a snack and Cheerios are it. I tell him I'll take the box after he pours his bowl. Into the pantry he goes and out he pulls Honey Nut Toasted Os.

"Ross, those are in no way plain Cheerios!"

Thus the debate began. Ross saying while they are the generic brand, yes this is certainly what a plain Cheerio is and me demanding that plain Cheerios are not Honey Nut. Back and forth, back and fort. My hubby is a bit of a gambling man (as in he bets $5ish on every sports tournament/game known to man), so I made him a bet: whoever is right owes the other two nights of dinner and doing the dishes.

We called my Mom to settle it. She agreed that there were plain, flavorless Cheerios. Ross wanted to know though, were they the original, and like any normal person, Mom did not have the Cheerios timeline memorized.

We googled it. And after reviewing Cheerios.com's History page, I can confidently tell you that plain Cheerios reached the market in 1941 and Honey Nut did not arrive until 1979! I WIN!! WOOHOO!

I don't think I've ever won a bet with Ross so I rubbed it in good, started planning out what I wanted him to cook on those two nights, something good and messy. And Ross, he sulked, having lost his very first bet to his wife.

With all the maturity of a grown woman I say to him: "nah nah nah boo boo I win!"

No comments: