May 17, 2015

Find Lexi

UntitledOur darling Lexi girl ran off last night on a camping trip in Burnet County. We're all looking very hard for her.

If you see her, please call me at 512.461.0244.

UPDATE

After posting this and starting ads on Facebook, I called an animal rescue group that had been referred to me. I gave a description of the situation and Lexi and right before I could give my name, they asked if I had already called. They already had a missing pet report that matched my description exactly and could I please confirm my phone number. Somebody named Jenny had called it in. (Turns out, my wonderful neighbor called it in because they were so worried about Lexi and wanted to help.)

Megan and Nancy met Ross in Burnet to help look. After getting there, Meg asked me to print flyers and bring them up. I was doing that, Brittany was on her way over to babysit when...

A little after 1p I received a call from a couple who had LEXI. They lived on the same road the boys were camping on, about a mile down the way. Their neighbors own a Lexi-look-a-like and that is who they thought wandered into their yard this morning and barked at the door to be let inside. After playing with her, loving on her and trying unsuccessfully to call the neighbors, they saw her tags and realized this was not their neighbordog. (Keep in mind, this is out in the country so I suspect they don't know the neighbor pets as well as some of us in suburbia do. It's probably hard to tell one mid-sized black dog from another when you have 30 acres between you and the neighbor.)

I had a complete happiness meltdown on the phone. Wrote down all the pertinent information and after several attempts (over what felt like hours but I think was less than 10 minutes), finally got confirmation from Meg that they were on their way to Lexi.

Ross also had a complete happiness meltdown when he saw her. When I talked to him after he picked her up, he told me this was the nicest couple in the world. His point was proven when they called me back 30 minutes later to let me know Ross had picked her up, how overwhelmed with emotion he was to be reunited, how much they appreciate his service as a firefighter, asked us to keep in touch now that Lexi had introduced all of us and invited us to come play on their 60 acre ranch any time we like. Turns out they had also invited Ross, Megan and Nancy to come back any time for margaritas. Clearly the nicest people in the world. And they saved our Lexi girl.

We're all home now. Cade is in his crib sleeping (knock on wood, he's had a cough so sleeping is a struggle), Lexi is dozing on the couch, Ross is watching baseball and I'm about to pick up my book. Thank goodness and thanks to our wonderful friends, family and new favorite ranchers.

No comments: