May 14, 2007

The Big Apple


MothersDay
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
I'm done with college!!!

So then we sat at the pub for a number of hours and went out downtown to celebrate. It was a great day.

Saturday I down to NYC to see my family and for my cousin's graduation. He actually graduated from Pratt on Friday (Congrats!) but b/c of my exam I didn't make it down there til Saturday.

And I had an excellent lunch with Patrick. We had a blast! Lunch at some hole-in-the-wall where they don't speak English and then a short-ish walk to Union Square. Caught up on life, work, family, friends etc. Good kid that one.

The rest of the weekend was spent with my Grandma, uncle, aunt and her parents (Jay & Shirley, who I think are grand). The hotel room I shared with Grandma was amazing! It overlooked the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We did dinner out and a Mother's Day brunch. No wild bar hopping in NYC but a very good weekend with Grandma. Actually pretty relaxing despite that I was in New York; I don't typically associate "relaxing" with New York.

And now its a couple more days in Corporate America the Boston version, some family time, graduation and hittin' the road for Tejas.

Cheers!

No comments: