Sep 26, 2007

Sit Still!? That is for the weak!

So much! I am mind-boggled over tomorrow being Thursday. I have far too much to do before the work week is over!

Monday I sent out the press release about Girl Scouts of Central Texas to 70-some odd media outlets. Big announcement, big release, hopefully big coverage.

Before I even sent out the release, Olga Campos, the 5 o'clock anchor on ABC called to say she wanted an interview with our CEO, Etta. I then spent an hour or two coordinating the filming of some Girl Scouts and scheduling Olga into Etta's Wednesday. It made for a very hectic Monday but when the nightly news calls, you must answer. If you are local - keep your eyes on the 5 o'clock news for some Girl Scouts.

Tuesday I made my way down to South Austin to meet with the cameraman so he could film the cute little Girl Scouts. I made it there in record time so I stopped by Nikki's shop to say hello and kill some time. She showed me her wedding dress - gorgeous! But I digress...back to the filming. For the record, Brownies are adorable! The girls were great, if not a little silly. Good job girls!

I had a meeting today also in South Austin so I stay with Ross last night. He made me amazing turkey tacos for dinner. I felt like we were a couple of hippies - turkey tacos on whole wheat tortillas with organic salsa. Kinda funny since Ross is in no way a hippie. I got up at a regular old time today and worked from Ross's house all morning til my 1p meeting. The most productive morning ever! Very pleased. Went to my 1p meeting and then received a call from Austin City Hall; our proclamation of Girl Scouts of Central Texas Day on October 1 was ready. Found City Hall, got our pretty sheet of paper and finally made an appearance at the office.

Tomorrow Ross has an interview in San Antonio. Fortunately the job is not in San Antionio, he would be the insurance rep covering Austin he just has to interview down in SA. Cross your fingers! Then we are having dinner with his family for his mama's birthday. I really like his family so I'm excited to see them.

Speaking of Ross's family! His stepdad, Jack, is doing a program for the Girl Scouts in the spring. Details are still being worked out but the program gals are very excited about it and it's making me quite popular around that part of the office.

Also tomorrow, we have our monthly department meeting which is always fun but takes some time out of what I know is going to be a busy day. Becoming GSCTX in general is making life busy and crazy. On top of all this, I have to move cubes! I think it will be a good move - bigger cube and closer to the boss lady which will make things move along faster.

And sometime before I leave Friday I need to finish preparing my speaking notes for the volunteer training I am leading on Saturday.

Assuming I am still awake by 7p Friday, I am going to see an old friend for his housewarming/roommate's birthday party. Good old James Mason just moved to Austin. James was my senior class president and a friend of mine since sometime in junior high school. Austin is great in that it's almost like being home where I run into people but not so home-like that we all eat at the same restaurants every night. (Though I do love Don Pico's and will continue to eat there when at home, even if it is one large CLHS reunion every time.)

I've also been getting into the classes at the gym more. I really enjoy the spinning and the step dance class. Unfortunately my work schedule is making those hard for this week. But really, one spinning class a week is about all I can handle. Must work up to 2 - 3 classes each week.

On another, non-Cheryl's life note, what is Gov. Perry doing!? If you haven't read any of the articles, check out this one in the Houston Chronicle. Texas tax payers are paying his rent to the tune of $10K per month. Why in God's name does he need a place that extravagant? I understand he has to entertain and he needs a nice and spacious place. I won't argue that. But $10K per month? That's somewhere around 3x the average starting salary per month. Governor Perry, please find a home that is $5K-ish a month and invest the rest in your community. Remember the city's "I live here, I give here" campaign? You live here; it's time you start giving here.

No comments: