Sep 26, 2008

Stream of Consciousness

I'm pretty pumped folks. This week I got two newspaper clips regarding our new fund raiser, S'more Soiree. One was a captioned photo of two committee members in the Westlake Picayune. The OTHER was a front page story with two color images about the event and focusing on the committee chairperson in the West Austin News.

But what I was really thinking about when I turned on my laptop to blog was not my super cool news clips. However then I got an email from Stephanie about the captioned photo and got excited and distracted. Thus you got to hear about that but we must move on to the original musing.

Now not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just came from a very therapeutic venting session of a lunch with Nikki. We're both overall happy with our lives but sometimes we hit the point of "argh - why is it so hard." And while you always want your friends' lives to be perfect and blissful, there is some relief to hearing that someone else wonders why its tough sometimes too. It's like "Whew! I thought it was just me!" But even if we hit a tough spot or two and wonder why it isn't all sunshine and butterflies, it'll be just fine.

It's like a conversation Ross and I had last night regarding our faith. I may not be the most spiritual person (understatement) but I do believe things that can only be explained by a higher power. For example, as I told Ross, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and we won't be given a burden we can't endure.

So back to my conversation with Nikki, if sometimes we feel a little poor now or are frustrated with our jobs, there has to be a good reason for it. Maybe the reason is just so that when something changes we are all the more happy for it. Or maybe its to ensure we're in the right spot at the right time. It's tempting to try to figure it out but sometimes, maybe its just best not to. As long as we keep on truckin', it'll work itself out and the rough spots will make the sweet spots that much sweeter.

No comments: