Jan 21, 2010

I heart Thursdays

I love Thursdays because they mean the weekend is finally almost here and thank goodness. It's only been a 4 day week but somehow those always feel the longest.

Today I was checking out my performance goals for the fiscal year and by doing some quick math in my head realized we set our Web site traffic goal to be a 25% increase. WTF!? What were we thinking?! That's an absurd goal! Currently we have about a 15% increase compared to this same time last year and I think that's pretty darn good. I chatted with my VP, Cindy, and we agreed that while a 25% increase would be amazing, we'd be pleased with at 15% increase which in many ways is till pretty darn ambitious. 25%....we must have been NUTS.

On another performance eval note, I was evaluating last year's goals and if I met them or not...now I don't mean to brag but I'm very pleased with this particular one. We said the comm department hoped to have 350 media hits in our 2009 fiscal year. Well at just 7 months into our fiscal year, when I was leaving the PR role, we had 475 hits. That's 135% of goal! Yeah...I felt pretty good after figuring that one.

Outside of work metrics, tomorrow is a friend's 30th birthday so we're gearing up for going out a little. Saturday my sister-in-law, Megan, is coming over for dinner and to see the house all done up finally. Sunday Ross is at the fire department and I'm seeking plans...I think visiting a friend and her baby puppy might be what happens. Oh and yesterday was Amanda's birthday and equally important, the first day of Girl Scout Cookie sales. Yes, it was a big Wednesday indeed.

I think that's kinda it though. Just doing the same-old, same-old but I have to say, after the crazy year of house buying and wedding, the same-old is just perfect in my mind.

No comments: