Jan 17, 2010

PF: no longer just for Pflugerville

On Friday, my in-laws treated us to dinner at PF Changs. It was delish.

I had never had won ton soup but the weather was cold and Ross ordered it for the table. Verdict: winner. It was so warm and flavorful and with my fav, shrimp, in it. (Ross avoided the shrimp so I got to have his helping making it all even better.)

The shrimp in lobster sauce was just as good as it sounds. The lobster flavor wasn't very strong...honestly if it had just been called "seafood sauce" that would have been sufficient. Definitely good, just not distinctly lobstery. The shrimp was perfectly cooked and I ate every bite.

The chardonnay was also delish but for the price, it should have been. Of everything we had, only the alcohol was, in my opinion, a little pricey. Everything else was quite reasonable for the quality. Even with the wonderful atmosphere that usually increases price, the food was all in a ballpark even I was comfortable with (and if you know me, you know I'm kinda cheap).

It's a long weekend for me here in P-ville so on that PF Chang's note, I'm going to retire to my episode of NCIS and some puppy loving.

No comments: