Aug 17, 2007

Le Blog Chain

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My eight random facts and/or habits:

1) I have an uncontrollable love for the frozen margarita. It is such a delicious concoction. I don't even care if you take the alcohol out of it. Just make it fruity, frozen and with salt please.


2) I eat ketchup on pretzels. Not all the time but every once in a while I get a wicked bad craving. It dates back to day care when I was 7 or so.


3) I've started saying wicked since I moved away from Boston. It's like I am trying to recreate the verbage of New England or something. I never said it when living there but now, it creeps into conversation. And people look at me funny because of it.


4) I love shopping for gifts. I've already bought Brittany and Ken's wedding present (the wedding isn't until almost Thanksgiving) and Haila's baby shower gift (shower's not til September). I love to start Christmas shopping the week of Thanksgiving. It's just so much fun. They may not be big gifts but I have the best time picking them out. It's like Christmas morning for me - for a whole month. And while we're talking about Christmas, I love that darn holiday. Everything about it. The music (I really love Christmas music), the food, even the cleaning house all day Christmas Eve so the WHOLE family can come over Christmas day.


5) I'm a sucker for cheesy lines. Ross is the king of cheese. That's how we ended up together.


6) I've got a habit of rereading everything I write. I proofread my emails for Christ sake. Even the ones I am just sending to friends. Thank you COM. (And in case you haven't noticed, I LOVE writing in parenthesis.)


7) I sometimes miss the cold. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, it's unnatural. But sometimes, when its 107 in Texas I think "damn if only it could be like 40 today. Just for one day but still, 40 sounds great." Please note thoughts like this never last more than a day, ever. And except when living in Boston when it was -50 and snow would WARM it up and possibly cancel class, I have never wished for a blizzard.


8) I'm actually really excited to one day be a suburban soccer mom. Don't get me wrong, I want to enjoy my 20s; travel, be a yuppie, only be responsible for myself etc. But I think I will really enjoy and basically rock at being a soccer (and by soccer I mean football) mom. And I want to be one of the moms who still wears mildly cute clothes and enthusiastically piles all the kids into her oversized SUV. No babies for 5 or 6 more years, but just you wait. The land of super cute little people clothes and little league practice was made for me.

OK, now for y'all to try.

(PS yes I reread the whole thing and even went back to correct some of my punctuation.)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I find myself saying "wicked" or at least find myself thinking about "what would a bostoner say?" a lot lately. Remember how they'd say, "Are you all set?" all the time? And they'd mean it, like "are you finished?" but we texan say it for "are you ready to begin something." so when the waitress would ask are you set? meaning finished, i'd say no, I'm just beginning... ;-)

that probably made no sense. maybe you could proofread it for me. ahhahahahahahhaha