Jun 15, 2008

A More Successful Day in Wedding World


S8001658.JPG
Originally uploaded by cheryl_lynn425.
I am very excited to marry Ross and I know he feels the same way. But believe it or not, the intricacies of ceremony chair arrangements and reception just do not excite him.

But they do excite Brittany and me! So we left Ross and home and we went scouting for wedding items. First I got my veil from her - which is really her's but will be my something borrowed for the wedding. Y'all, it is so pretty. It's down to about my elbows and has crystal beading along the bottom. LOVE IT.

Then we went to Mercury Hall, which is where this picture was taken. It's down off South First Street and I love it! There are so many options for how to use the space. There is a rock covered area with an archway for the ceremony. A large grassy area that you could also use for the ceremony or maybe for the reception. AND there is a nice reception hall for a rain plan and/or any part of the wedding. I love it! I can't wait for my mom to see it. (Oh yeah and Ross too. You know b/c envisioning ceremony chairs and dance floors will be so thrilling for him.)

And finally the end of our adventure was to visit Ms. Nikki at her bridal shop. She called me on Tuesday to see if I had found a dress (no) and to tell me she thought she just got my perfect dress in at her shop. Yup, and she was right. I think it might be the one. Now you know the drill, I can't tell you any more. But suffice it to say its beautiful, relatively simple but with a little pizazz. Again, I can't wait for my mom to see it!

So while I was a little down after Friday's wedding adventure, I was super pumped after Saturday's. Saturday's goodness didn't end there either. Rick came back from a month in Mexico so Ross was downright giddy. Then we had our housewarming/welcome home Rick party. It was a relatively small gathering but I think everyone had a lot of fun. Ken really chatted it up, more than I have seen him do before. The girls and I played some hilarious card games. Suzannah is such a blatant cheat it had us rolling with laughter.

Now we're just having a lazy Sunday. Ain't life great

No comments: