Jun 19, 2008

My Bridal Personality?

You can take a quiz for anything. I took a few bridal personality quizzes. Here are the results

From iVillage

The Storybook Princess
An old-fashioned girl at heart, you want your special day to be steeped in elegance and tradition. You love the thought of transforming yourself into a timeless bride � la Grace Kelly or Princess Di. You'll feel equally regal in a gown with a full tulle skirt or long, flowing train and a beaded corset top. And don't skip on any of the trimmings; go for the veil, tiara and gloves. As for your shoes, a sleek satin heel with a pointed toe is the perfect footwear for your stroll down the aisle. To complete your blushing bride look, keep your makeup soft and dewy. Use a light foundation and cream blush in a warm rose color that compliments your complexion, keep your eyes soft and natural by using shadows in warm natural shades and polish off your pucker with a sheer lipstick in a soft red.

From BeliefNet


The Casual, Inclusive Bride: You seeks some tradition but looks more toward intimacy, sentiment and inclusion of others. The wedding experience for you is meant to be shared with those you love and celebrated in a way that is affordable and manageable. While you might want a mid-sized affair, it can take just as much planning as a formal event; yet you are more likely to choose a slightly alternative approach ex. a penthouse loft space instead of a hotel, or a rooftop or garden.

From theKnot

You're a City Girl
From funky invitations to a knockout gown, you're sure to bring your sense of impeccable style to every aspect of your wedding. Our advice: Don't be a slave to your inner hipster. If there's something classic like a tiara -- or even the bouquet toss -- that you'd like to include in your day, go for it. Besides, if you’re doing it, everyone else will think it's cool.

From ME


If you've talked to me about my wedding once you will know that I made the mistake many moons ago of telling AJ that I wanted a man like my father (this is not the mistake part!) in that he will have opinions and not be afraid to tell me he's as entitled to his wants and opinions as I am. He'll challenge me. That he would insist on wearing flip flops or something equally ridiculous to our wedding (this was the mistake, inviting ridiculousness). And what did I get? Ross, the groom who wants to wear a kilt. In all fairness, it wasn't a mistake because Ross the groom who will wear a kilt keeps my life very fun, interesting and keeps me on my toes. So all that said, our wedding style will be fun and representative of "us." It will include Ross in a kilt. Bright colored fun-looking flowers. A bag piper. Margaritas. Country music. CHIPS AND SALSA. Heels that are not too high but are still heels. A bride's cake but a groom's fruit salad. Our grandmother's properly seated in the front row and hopefully active in the ceremony. So without giving any more away, I would say I hope I am a fun and comfortable bride. I hope you leave our wedding not saying "oh did you see the flowers? They were exquisite! And yes! The tea cups were extraordinary!" but saying "That band was fantastic! I have never seen a man in a kilt two-step like that. But I guess when the margaritas are that good, anything can happen. WHAT A PARTY!"

No comments: