Apr 23, 2010

Dang, that's the worst

Usually our life is full of butterflies and rainbows. Pots of gold and sparkley stars. Cute puppies and newly built patios.

But every once in a while there is a dark moment.

Specifically when you open a bill and instead of the mildly obnoxious amount you normally pay, you find a new, horrific terrible amount. This is what happened to us today when I opened our three day old mail.

"No! It can't be!" I cried, horrified.

So I called. And y'all, sad sad truth, it was totally accurate. Don't ya just hate that? You are CONVINCED beyond a shadow of a doubt that The Man has done you wrong and with the right amount of fussing at customer service, some lovely person on the other end of the phone will realize that as well. No, no amount of fussing convinced the very polite customer service person that I was right and their evil corporation was wong.

What made it even worse, they were really right. I mean I tried. God knows I tried but after a good explanation I realized we really do just have to pay that terrible figure or find ourselves a new service provider. Bummer right?

Fortunately we CAN pay it (whew!) but its definitely a little salt in the wound. And dang, that's the worst.

No comments: