Apr 7, 2010

New job!

It's official! On May 1 I will exit the world of Girl Scout communications and enter the world of Girl Scout fundraising.

As part of our council restructure, I am happily moving into the about-to-be-vacated role of Development Executive for Corporate Giving & Special Events. My first event is S'more Soiree in November. Its Girl Scout camp with a grown up twist. The twist being massages, martinis, yoga, gourmet cooking, etc. It's a blast! Our goal is to raise $80K and have 175 attendees. There's no time like the present to register! Seriously, because from now through June 30 you can go for cheap cheap cheap. What is usually $500 is on special for $325 when you book with a girlfriend.

My other event is Women of Distinction. Since the 2010 event is in just about two weeks and the current Dev Exec is staying long enough to wrap that up, my first Women of Distinction will be a full year from now, April 2011. But start thinking of what amazing Central Texas women you'd like to nominate now. We'll start accepting nominations in September or October.

And that's the scoop! I'm really excited for the new gig and gaining some much desired fund development experience. Since I really do want to work in the nonprofit world for a long long time, fund development is what I need. And what can I say, I like sparkley events.

No comments: