Feb 8, 2012

A little spring in my dress

This past weekend I had a need to shop. Just needed to punch up my wardrobe with something. Per the usual though I wasn't aiming to spend tons of money so I ran up the road to the shopping center with a Marshall's, Old Navy and Kohl's.

I hit the jackpot!

As close as I can find online
I was about to leave Kohl's empty handed when this springy floral and denim dress jumped out at me. It was $64 (a smidge steep for what I was looking to spend) but was on sale for $48 (much more reasonable). I tried it on and in a word - SCORE. Then I remembered that I had $22 in a gift card from a Christmas return which brought my end price all the way down to $30, including tax.

I'm sporting it today to the office. Now I read enough fashion blogs (ie one, that of Austin Delta alumna Alta who keeps up this fashion/family blog and continues to wow me with her very large and on a budget wardrobe) to know wearing the belt that comes with an outfit is risky business. Of course, I've also been myself long enough to know I can't be trusted with accessory decisions, most especially when it comes to belts. I rely on the stores and my personal shopper Nichole to tell me how, what and when for all things including belts.

iphone_picWhile self-portraits are not my specialty in life, I think this one via my iPhone does a decent job of showing off my new springy dress (in February because apparently we are not having a winter this year). Complete with the paired belt which I have to say, I think looks pretty good.

6 comments:

Alta said...

I fully agree! I think you look adorable!! I love the floral  (its almost looks like pansies!) and that belt is great and totally workable with other things, which is the best! Also, anytime you want to go on a shopping adventure, give me a call, I love a good budget clothing hunt!

Cheryl said...

I'm not too much of a fashionista (or at all) so its rare that I have an outfit cute enough to blog about but this one is an exception and I greatly appreciate your vote of adorable-ness. And yes, we should go budget shopping. High on my list right now is a pair of thrift-store cowgirl boots, a little taller than the ones I have now so as to be worn under jeans instead of over.

Nichole Canga said...

As your personal shopper, I definitely approve!! Great touch with the red belt. What shoes did you pair with it?

Nichole Canga said...

As your personal shopper, I definitely approve!! Great touch with the red belt. What shoes did you pair with it?

Nicholeleecanga1 said...

As your personal shopper, I definitely approve!! Great touch with the red belt. What shoes did you pair with it? 

Cheryl said...

 It's actually more of a camel belt so I am wearing my chunky high camel heels.