Sep 8, 2012

Prego Qs

When I tell people I have a bun in the oven, they ask a lot of (caring and interested) questions. The funny thing is it is more or less the same questions from everyone. So blog readers, I safely feel I can anticipate your most burning prego questions.

Q. How are you feeling?
A. Pretty good actually. I had a couple weeks, around weeks 8-10, where I felt pretty crummy. Specifically I had two days where I felt like I had been run over by a freight train. I am told this is par for the course.

Q. Mmm, so morning sickness?
A. So far so good! (Knock on wood!) Those two run-over-by-a-freight-train days I thought I might be sick but I came up on top. Make note, chicken noodle soup is good for all sick feelings, be it legit sick or just a baby kickin' your butt.

Q. Have you craved anything?
A. Nothing that I don't normally eat yet. It's more that I'm extra motivated to get whatever the thing is. For example really early on I was driving home from work and thought "queso would be really good" and I wanted it so much I fought the 5:30p grocery store crowd to get it. I really like ice cream and have been eating tons of it (Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Fro Yo is the selection of choice).

Q. What can't you eat?
A. Well according to the doc, no booze (duh), no raw meats, no undercooked meats or proteins (like eggs...which means no eggs benedict, not that I had that often beforehand but now I really want it, almost certainly just because I know I can't have it) and possibly the toughest no cold deli meat. If I want a sandwich the meat has to be heated up first. Now I'm medically OK to eat fish but a few weeks back I had some on two separate nights and it grossed me out so much I couldn't finish my dinner. I'm hoping this might pass soon though because I really love fish. The tricky thing is it will sound great on the menu but then I discover mid-meal that I'm over it...and now without dinner.

Q. Is it really hard not to drink?
A. Not really. I don't have any interest in getting schnockered. For the most part I've found that I really just like fun drinks in pretty glasses. Apple martini flavored Crystal Light in a fancy wine glass keeps me pretty happy. There's of course a couple days when I come home thinking "a glass of chardonnay would be really awesome" and juice in a wine glass...well I guess it has to do. :)

Q. What was Ross' reaction?
A. He was perfect! I found out before he got home from his shift and he knew I was going to take a test so he rushed home. I greeted him at the door and he said "ready to pee on a stick baby??" I gave him an ear-to-ear grin and said "Already did!". He had a quick look of shock and then busted out into a big smile asking "Really?" and when I nodded he picked me up, swung me around, kissed me and just started laughing. Needless to say, he was thrilled. 

Q. When did you start telling people?
A. That same day. We told our immediate families first. Later that night we told a few close friends who knew we were trying and would have picked up on it immediately since we were at an all-night nobody-has-to-drive-so-we're-all-getting-lit party and I clearly was not going to be drinking.

Q. Are you showing?
A. Fortunately only friends who are far away ask this because those who are here either agree with me that no I am not or are too smart to tell me I'm starting to look chubby. I actually lost about 4 pounds during those crummy weeks early on and have yet to put it all back on. Who knew that the key to taking off those last few pounds was getting pregnant??

Q. Are you going to find out what you are having?
A. Yes; we're way too impatient to wait until March. I think we'll know at the end of next month.

2 comments:

Ashley d'Entremont said...

I'm so excited for you! No doubt you're going to be one hot (and loving) momma! :-)

Cheryl said...

Thanks dear!