May 17, 2014

African Safari Style in Wimberley

Because as you know, the only print magazine I regularly read is Texas Monthly that's what I was reading this afternoon on the porch during part of Cade's nap. Specifically the issue with the weekend getaways cover story. I mean, c'mon, that issue has my name all over it.

The first getaway I spied was to Sinya on Lone Man Creek in Wimberley. And it looked AWESOME. See what I mean...



It is inspired by the owner's African safari travels and the idea of "glamour camping" which is as the Texas Monthly writer explains "for when you want to spend time in nature, just not without your hair straightener." This is definitely my type of camping. Plus in our recent travel conversation on my birthday, Ross said that he wants to take an African safari trip one day (he's said this before so I think it is actually a real thing he wants to do). So when I saw Sinya, I knew it was for us.

And that is how we came to have our anniversary getaway booked. This place is so popular (I'm guessing the recent Texas Monthly feature didn't hurt it), there was only one October date left, the night after our anniversary. Close enough for me. We've got it booked, plus their fancy schmancy continental breakfast to boot.

Woohoo! I am so looking forward to this! What a cool, different thing to go do and within a 2 hour drive!

No comments: