Oct 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

iphone_picInspired by pumpkin bread recently served at a Junior League brunch, I decided to give the classic Grandma Betsy Pumpkin Bread a chocolate twist. About 40 minutes into baking, I sprinkled one loaf with semi-sweet Nestle chocolate chips. Back in the oven for another 20 minutes and ta-da!

I've had one piece and the jury is still out. The chips are still pretty melty so most of the eating was preoccupied by the mess being made of my fingers. I'm going to take it to the office tomorrow and we'll see if it's a hit.

If I do it again, I think I'll add the chocolate chips a little earlier, maybe after 25 minutes of baking when hopefully the top of the bread will still be batter like.

In other news, I'm finally able to breathe and thus was able to enjoy the delicious smell of the baking bread. I really must find out how to embed that smell here for you. I bet I'd have a lot more blog readers if the experience included the smell of baking pumpkin bread...

No comments: