Apr 14, 2014

Slow Spring

This month is a bit slow for me with work. I started the year with four clients but two were temporary projects and as of March, both were finished. Together that's about 35-40% of the work I started with this year.

Now I don't say this as a bad thing. Yes, at some point I may need to do a little business development (do you need a marketing consultant?) but right now I am actually enjoying having a little less work on my plate.

I've been able to take care of a lot of personal errands and obligations. The eye doctor (still have both eyes), the dentist (still have all my teeth), hair cut, cleaning out closets, catching up on my accounting (gulp, which I hadn't done other than invoice related items since December).

My favorite thing though that I probably wouldn't be able to do otherwise is helping a friend market his new business. It feels great to have a tiny role in the success I am confident he will have. It's like my version of helping someone move or paint their house. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

No comments: