Since Ross' family celebrates Christmas Eve, that makes today Prep Day. It's not quite lunchtime and I've...
- been grocery shopping so I could...
- go from step 1 to step 2 in my cake ball recipe (which I did, successfully I think), more on this later today or tomorrow
- selected a Paula Deen cheesey broccoli dish for Christmas Eve dinner. You can't lose with Paula Deen.
- cleaned the master bathroom
- walked the puppy
- got laundry and dishes going in their respective washers
- put an all Christmas music playlist on the stereo to complement my lit tree and several Christmas scented Yankee Candles
Then cleaning our bedroom, tidying up the living room, evaluating the present situation, a good workout at the gym to balance out all the delicious holiday food I plan to stuff myself with over the next two days, and eventually, once cake balls are totally complete, cleaning the kitchen.
Normally "cleaning the bathroom" and "tidying up the living room" would feel like chores. But there's something strange about pairing these things with Christmas music. When I do that it just feels like part of the holiday fun and routine.
Maybe I'll try cleaning house to Christmas music in July and see if it has the same effect.