Apr 12, 2011

I heart Conair

Over the weekend a very sad thing happened: my flat iron died. I plugged it in, the power light turned on but the heat never came. This is a bummer 1) because styling my hair is now a whole new challenge and 2) because I had the best yet not expensive flat iron known to man. (Thanks Jane for introducing me to it in college.)

Last night I went to THREE stores seeking a replacement flat iron. Requirements: well under $100, more like $30, with a comb and looked not-cheap. No dice y'all, no dice.

Slightly distraught I returned home and promptly went to conair.com. Did you even know that existed? Or that you could order flat irons on it? I didn't but man was I pleased.

I perused a little, looks like they discontinued the amazing flat iron I had, and found one that looked like a winner. Then at 9:30 p.m. I called customer service to learn about their return policy. As I'm dialing I'm thinking "Duh Cheryl, its 9:30 p.m. I'm sure Conair doesn't have customer service people there this late" and BAM the phone was answered by a real-live customer service lady.

Real live person! At 9:30 p.m. to offer me customer service with flat irons, obviously a very important topic in my life. And this customer service lady, she was great. We looked at flat irons together, discussed them, reviewed the warranty and return policy and then I made my purchase. It cost $31.99, includes a removable comb, is pink and will be here in 7-14 business days.

And that is why I heart Conair.

Now I am crossing my fingers that Starbucks will reply so quickly to my inquiry about my free birthday drink. (To the 'buck: all my life savings goes to you. Please don't stiff me on my free birthday drink. It totally made my month last year.)

PS Why am I blogging at 7:30 a.m.? Well because without a flat iron I wash and wear my hair curly to work each morning which requires air drying. Had to do something to give it a little more time to dry so I don't go to the office like a wet dog.

No comments: