Apr 9, 2011

Last meal

Two blog posts in one day - I know, hold on to your hats y'all.

To wind down my evening I was doing a little Texas Monthly reading and there was a food feature with little sidebars about famous Texans' last meal wishes. (Fried was a common theme, as in fried chicken, fried chicken wings, chicken fried steak...why anyone would fry a steak is beyond me but alas, I digress.)

As a person who loves food (seriously, YUM) it got me thinking about my last meal. I think mine would be as follows

  • Lobster bisque
  • Brenda & Mike's ceasar salad
  • Guacamole and Chuy's jalapeno dip (with chips of course and don't ask what kind. "Chips" as a stand alone always refers to tortilla chips, duh.)
  • Salmon stuffed with shrimp, crab and lobster (I really dig crustaceans; perhaps I should become a crustaceanian)
  • Some kinda mushroom and artichoke side dish
  • Filet Mignon
  • Asparagus
  • Pumpkin bread
  • Cheesecake Factory chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake
  • Chardonnay
  • Mexican Martini
That's a big meal. And I can't say it all goes together. Who mixes guacamole and pumpkin bread? It's like Thanksgiving and Cinco de Mayo had a baby.

But I really like food and all those items sound DELICIOUS. It might take me three hours to eat but if it were my last meal, I'd like to give it my best shot.

What would your last meal consist of?

No comments: