Jun 29, 2011

Dear Ross

Dear Ross,

You knew when we got married that I had this affliction called travel. What you might not have realized is how severe my affliction is and how many resources are required to meet my needs. Bad news bears - it's severe and it requires like...all our resources.

Currently I am looking forward immensely to our Canadian Vacay in August. Hello Niagara Falls! I spent part of my lunch break scoping out hiking options. It's gonna be awesome!

Then I'm gonna take off for my 2011 Cheryl-only trip to Seattle. I'm jazzed about Seattle but you know me, there's a Delta there and the only thing that makes me more excited than travel is a Delta. Yeah, you're right, trips like this are like my dreams coming to life.

I've also got biz trips to Philly, Baltimore and probably NYC this fall. I'll take pics of things besides the library and fancy dinners on this NYC trip, promise.

Now for 2012...I'm getting ambitious. Jane's getting married in March so I'm gonna need to fly to Boston for that (yay Deltas!). And in April I have a biz trip to San Fran and since that will already get me to the west coast, well I think I should go see Kev in San Diego too. Thoughts? Then I want to take our EuroTrip together. Austria and Italy are sounding superb for that. (Spent another few minutes on lunch looking at weather in Austria and Italy in May...lovely.) And didn't you want to maybe hit up Illinois or Tennessee next year too? Count me in babe.

All that said, I'm thinking maybe we should sell the house and live outta a tent. I mean heck, we're going to be spending so much time in hotels, do we really need a house too? That just seems kinda wasteful...

Again, thoughts?

Love,
Me

4 comments:

Brittney Garneau said...

I will be copy/pasting (and slightly editing) this letter to my husband very shortly. Little does he know (actually, he already knows) just how obsessive my need to travel really is...

Cheryl said...

I thought about saying we need an RV but then I thought "I don't exactly like road trips" and I thought requesting my own private plane might be pushing it. So instead I think we'll just pitch a tent in a friend's backyard and call it a day. I hope they don't mind us borrowing their kitchen and bathroom...

Caro Lowe said...

I have a camper for sale! You can travel all you want!

Caro Lowe said...

I have a camper for sale! You can travel all you want!