Jun 27, 2011

Tips for Breast Cancer Treatment

Since you and me know each other, dear blog reader, you probably already know that I'm a fierce cancer fighter. I hate all cancers but breast cancer is one I have a special kind of disdain for because it messed with my Grandma and because 1 in 8 of us ladies will face it.

You probably also know that I love ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. Well tonight, Diane and health correspondent Richard Bresser took on breast cancer treatment. According to a report from MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (which I have a very high opinion of), older women often don't receive radiation therapy following a mastectomy.

To help make sure every one fighting breast cancer knows all their treatment options and makes a conscious, purposeful decision, ABC News suggested bringing a supportive person along to your appointment (like how Aunt Fran accompanied my Grandma) and making a checklist of what you need to ask. As a starting point, ABC News provides this checklist.

And if you'd like to watch the segment from tonight, here ya go.



For more breast cancer fighting resources, check out these links

No comments: