- Tuesdays with Morrie: I devoured this book. It was GREAT. If you have not read it, I highly recommend it. It reminded me of two things. 1) my grandma because she is also old and smart about things that really matter and 2) Sydney/Age because when I was in Sydney and Age's dad was sick, both things really put perspective on what matters. The answer to that is rarely "making more money" or "finishing this grad school application." It was more often "spending time with my roomie...and going with her to DMB" and "experiencing the coolest place I've ever been to." Tuesdays with Morrie was a good reminder that we often worry ourselves about little things that don't really matter and instead we should put energy into people, relationships and experiences. Oh and Morrie lived in West Newton and taught at Brandies which is where Dr. Jane just became a doctor so I enjoyed that part as well.
- Greece: I believe it went like this
Ross: Going to Athens is going to be amazing. [turns on World News]
Diane Sawyer: Rioting in Greece! No longer just an inconvenience for tourists, the riots are escalating...
So now we're brainstorming where else we might like to go in Europe next year, just in case when it comes time to book, Greece isn't lookin' so hot. I think Spain is topping our list but if you have suggestions, lay 'em on me. My only requirements are 1) must be Europe and 2) I don't want to go to one of those freezing European countries. I've had my relationship with snow and freezing weather thankyouverymuch.
- Canada: I talked to Brenda the other morning about our Canada trip in August. Did you know up near Toronto it stays light until nearly 10 p.m. in the summer!? That's amazing. I'm so excited. I can sleep when I'm dead; right now, I'm seeing Canada! (Well OK not now now but you know what I mean.)
- Vivo: We had dinner there last night with Jack and Nancy. It was outstanding. The queso was fab. We suggest you go.
- El Arbol: We just bought a LivingSocial deal to go here. I've heard its the best steak in town and I'm ready to find out.
- Painting with a Twist: For my birthday, Mom & Dad got me a gift certificate to go try this out as a date night. If you aren't familiar, it's a painting class where a local artist walks you through how to paint a specific piece. And you bring snacks/wine with you to enjoy. Ross and I are going next month and are painting the 360 bridge which is also the bridge we took our engagement pics in front of.
|What we'll be aiming for. I'll personally be happy if mine|
just resembles a bridge in general.