Nov 2, 2012

Mama's Little Carrot

21 weeks down! Baby Cade is as long as a carrot (but hopefully a little fatter). BabyCenter.com says his flutters may have progressed to ninja kicks and I second that. He's a black belt! He's also got eyebrows and eyelids, both of which I say ultimately contribute to a good-looking person.

Unrelated to the official BabyCenter.com food analogy and development summary, this past week was the first time I had a relative stranger ask about my pregnancy. When I got home from work our new neighbor who I've only waved to once or twice asked if we knew what we were having. I told her it was a boy and she grinned and said she had three boys.

Only time will tell of course but at this juncture three boys scares the bejeezus outta me. A coworker of mine has triplet boys and I'm pretty sure that means his wife is superhuman. Ditto to my Grandma who raised four boys. I will happily take this adventure one baby (boy or otherwise) at a time (which is a good way to feel seeing as I am getting one boy this go-around; seems like my baby-producing preferences and body were on the same page).

From me and my ninja baby - sleep tight!

No comments: