Nov 27, 2011

Deck the Halls!

010
Posing for his "action" shot
This weekend, and mostly this morning, we got our little home all decked out for Christmas! While we usually don't wait too long, we're also not those people who start hanging lights while the Thanksgiving leftovers are still warm. But this year we had to be on our game - next weekend is the big Christmas party! No time to dilly-dally.

We tried something different with the outside lights this year: monochromatic. Red lights all around. However, not different from past years, the near heart attack I have when Ross climbs on the roof. People always ask if I worry about him at work. No but I do worry myself sick when it comes to hanging the Christmas lights.

Inside I took the lead on decorating the tree. For the first time ever, we really didn't need plain glass ball ornaments (I did hang four just to fill some space in the back but we didn't need them). I love that every ornament has a story.


This one, for example, is from our very first vacation together. We spent three nights in West Texas at the Fort Davis State Park.

And our latest addition, a gift from Mom and Dad's recent trip to San Diego to visit Kevin.
Then there's our real classy ornaments: beer and bikinis.
003 006

No comments: