Oct 18, 2012

Toe-may-toe toe-maht-toe

19 weeks down and Baby Cade is apparently the size of a large heirloom tomato.

I'm going to say BabyCenter.com and my little one aren't exactly on par though since the website says about 8.5 oz and the ultrasound technician told us 10 oz just Tuesday. So let's say Baby Cade is a really really large heirloom tomato, like the kind you see at state fairs.*

In other news, arms and legs are about proportionate to the rest of his body and he can probably hear me now. If that's the truth then he's received some early training on cheering for the home team (including a terribly unsportsmanlike response to their loss) and binders full of women (including my full [and passionate] opinion on gender inequality in the workplace).

From a mom-centric stance, I came home tonight, looked in the mirror and said "wow, you shouldn't have worn that top; you look big." Then as I undressed for my shower I realized it had very little to do with the top and very much to do with, well, just being big. Also I have only one more week of belly-laying and then the doc says I have to flip to my side 100%. I'm not doing much belly-laying now but knowing it's about to be taken away for 20 weeks, I'm kind of tempted.

*I've never been to a state fair but I assume that all the produce there is large and award winning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Instead of a large heirloom tomato maybe use a small pie pumpkin as a comparison. Tis the season after all. Hahaha. Love reading your blog!!