Jul 25, 2011

Boot Scootin' Boogie

A few months ago at a friend's baby's party, the baby mama was wearing a hot pair of cowgirl boots.

I got jealous.

And I told Ross I wanted some cowgirl boots one day. He agreed, some day I should have a real pair of boots.

So this past weekend while we shopping for Ava's cowgirl hat, I tried on boots. I fell in love with a pair of brown, monochromatic, pointy-toed short boots. LOVELY.

Today I came home from work and on our bed was a big gift bag. Inside was a card which to paraphrase said any hubby can buy anniversary, birthday and Christmas gifts but only a husband who really loves his wife buys just because gifts.

001And inside the big bag was my very first pair of cowgirl boots!! They are so beautiful! The exact pair I tried on this weekend. I love them!

If you don't know much about cowgirl boots, real boots are a real gift. I've never had real non-Payless brand pair of boots before. This is a legitimate milestone in the life of a Texas lady.

I am wearing them to work more than socially acceptable this week. Who cares if my coworkers don't think I own other shoes. I'm wearing my boots!

Ross promises to take me out dancing in them as soon as we get back from Canada. We're gonna do the boot scootin' boogie all night long. I can't wait!

016
Heel, toe, dosey doe come on baby let's go boot scootin'!

3 comments:

Nancylturner said...

Those are beautiful!
Ross is as excited to give gifts as he is to get them.....if not more!

Cheryl said...

I know! I thought I might get them for Christmas but today was so unexpected! I can't wait to wear them...well to wear them everywhere.

Mom said...

They certainly are a great looking pair of boots! And my hat is off to Ross for getting a "just because" gift!