Jul 6, 2011

Whole Foods: You Have Been Replaced

I guess that title implies that I shopped regularly at Whole Foods. I do not though for what it's worth, until about 15 minutes ago I wished I did.

About 15 minutes ago though, I unloaded the veggies from my first farm-to-work order and ate a delicious tomato.

012Farm-to-work is a program we have at Convio. Every week you can order seasonal veggies through the Sustainable Food Center and Farmer Ottmer and on Wednesday afternoon, they magically appear at the office. The price is great, the food is fresh, there is no middle man, I don't have to drive and the website includes a little bio about the Ottmers, their kids and their farm.

Today's veggie delivery included tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, okra, basil and an onion. AWESOME.

So unless Whole Foods can start delivering, well, then I think it's been replaced (Sorry Lindsay!)...well except for their chocolate chip cookies.

Mmmm...Whole Foods fresh baked cookies...

Update, 9:07 p.m.
I used my veggies to make this Eggplant Tomato Casserole. I substituted basil for oregano since I had that fresh and added a little more cheese because cheese is delicious (duh).  When I do it again I might add yet more cheese or maybe more pepper as it was just a tad bland for my taste.

No comments: