Jul 10, 2011

Domestic Bliss

To quote Frank the Tank: "Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

Ross came home from work this morning and we had ourselves a pretty nice little Sunday. First, the Lexi walk, complete with leaps as you saw in the short film, "Leapin Lexi." Then we hung three new decor pieces in the bedroom. Note: I have a terribly hard time decorating bedrooms so three new decor pieces is a freakin' big deal for us.
New Wall Art
(If you have other master bedroom decor ideas, I'm taking them. The furniture all matches [and is dark wood] so that's a good start and our color scheme is chocolate brown, champagne and turquoise. Ready, set, go.)

Then off to the Home Depot to buy a new shrub for the front yard. We have a transformer in our yard that is a bit of an eyesore and it needs something to cover it. We're hoping the Chinese Holly we bought will do the trick.

Throw in a little gym time (during which I watched the Phillies destroy the Braves in the 7th inning and imagined a smiling Anna) and some Canada vacation planning (suspension bridge walk over a forest) to pass the afternoon.

And then, this is the crowning moment people, I whipped up a DELICIOUS dinner of veggie and chicken enchiladas. I've only made enchiladas once before and they were so-so but during our 60 hours of vegetarianism last week, I thought veggie enchiladas could be a good dinner option so I was all pumped up about trying something new.

Here's what I did: chopped and sauteed a white onion, two bell peppers, mushrooms, 1 yellow summer squash and since we are not vegetarians, one chicken breast. Then right at the last minute, I added some baby spinach just long enough to wilt it. Then dipped the tortillas in mild green chili enchilada sauce, both sides, and rolled them full of my chicken-veggie goodnees. Filled up a casserole dish with them and topped with cheese, salsa and a little  more enchilada sauce. Bake for about 10 minutes just to let everything melt together. Yum. I would show you a picture but it is all in our bellies.

And while I was doing all that it RAINED in Austin. Glory glory hallelujah, that made everything 10 times better than it already was.

Now it's almost time for another Lexi walk (don't have to wait until dusk since the glorious rain cooled it off outside) and then laundry folding while I watch TV.

Seriously y'all, I'm fat on enchiladas (and guac), have a naturally-watered lawn, a freshly decorated bedroom and the promise of clean clothes for the work week. I am happy as a clam.

No comments: